I was surprised and honored to be tagged by Giulia from Tidbits of Care because I don’t usually get tagged on posts like this, but I’m excited to share more about myself.
This tag started with Izzy Matias, and she explained that this blogging tag is all about sharing things that make us happy and inspire us to be better people. So, let’s go!
- Use the Be Unapologetically You banner in your post. It can be your featured image or not. It’s totally up to you.
- Include the link to this blogging tag in your post.
- Answer the 7 questions in this tag.
- Nominate between 5-10 bloggers, link their blogs, and tag them on social media to notify them.
- Most of all, have fun!
1. Introduce yourself and your blog while sharing one trivia about you that not that many people know.
I am Heidy, and my blog is “Into My Thoughts,” where I share personal experiences, poetry, book review, and encouraging spiritual posts. One thing that not many people know is that once I set my mind to something, I am determined to accomplish it no matter what, which can be a good thing and a bad thing.
2. What topics do you love geeking out about that you would say are topics that give you bliss?
I love psychology, mental health, and women empowerment. Although I don’t consistently blog about these topics, I love them. With psychology, I got a minor in psychology, and I wanted to be a mental health counselor (shoot, I might still become one); I just love learning about how the mind works. With mental health, I am an advocate for prioritizing our mental health, and I believe everyone should do therapy. I wrote about how therapy helped me because I want to encourage everyone to try it, even if they think they don’t need it. With women empowerment, I try to support women online as much as possible and my friends with whatever they are pursuing.
3. Do you blog about them? Why or why not? If not, would you like to blog about them one time?
I answered this question a little bit above – I don’t write much about psychology, but I share my experience with mental health and therapy. If I were to do more with psychology, I would probably write more about it. Now, I don’t write about women empowerment because it’s more something that I do; as I mentioned above, I like to support women in their endeavors, and I like to encourage women in any way that I can.
4. Would you say that you are living life by being unapologetically you? Why or why not? If not, what would your life look like if you were unafraid to share more about the things that make you happy?
I would say that I am trying my best to live my life being unapologetically me. As a lifestyle blogger and online content creator, I try to share my life experiences as much as I can and as much as I’m comfortable sharing. I know that people value authenticity and honesty, but some things are hard to share. Social media can be deceiving at times because people usually only share their highlights, but life isn’t always a highlight, so when something does happen, I pray to God if this is something I should share or not.
For example, when I experienced my miscarriage, it took me months to be able to share because I was so hurt and I wasn’t ready. I prayed to God repeatedly about whether or not to share because I knew I wasn’t the only one who had experienced this, and after I shared, I had women reach out and thank me for sharing because they didn’t have the courage to share their experience. So, I do try my best to be unapologetically myself.
5. Permission to geek out and be unapologetically you: share with us one thing you fangirl or fanboy over and how you became a fan of it. It can be anything—your love for soy candles, your favorite food, a boy band, or an underrated film.
Right now, I am loving audible. LOL, I’m probably super late to the game, but I was always hesitant to start listening to books because I like the act of reading. I love books and love reading, but if I start listening to them, it’s not the same, or so I thought. The same thing happened to me before I bought a kindle but now, I love it. Since I love listening to podcasts, I realize that listening to books is very similar. Now, I just started using audible, and I’ve only heard a few books, but I realized this way, I can get through more books at a time because my list of books to read is never-ending.
6. What do you love the most about being a fan?
LOL, Again, I answered this question above; I love that I can get through more books simultaneously.
7. Share a fun or unforgettable fan experience.
I think the best fan experience was when we were coming home from the Dominican Republic and we saw Juan Luis Guerra (he is a famous Dominican singer) at the airport. He took a picture with us, and he flew on the same flight as us, only he was first-class, of course. LOL
Alright, well, this was fun and different. I hope you enjoyed reading my answers and that you learned a little more about me.
Now, I nominate the following amazing bloggers 🙂
Michelle from https://growingwithspawn.com/
Kate from https://www.datingbitch.com/
Olivia from https://olivialucieblake.com/
Amanda from https://itsamandaburnett.com/
With Love, Heidy
Like this post? Subscribe with your email to receive my free 5 minute journal prompts and weekly newsletters on my upcoming posts! 🙂
Check out my new Etsy shop! https://www.etsy.com/shop/WithLoveHeidy